I have actually already photographed some of my final pieces for this project but I’m trying to get this blog up to date. I have been soooo busy! I’ve been making jewellery, researching, planning and house hunting whilst still trying to have a social life!
So, to bring you a bit more up to date with my project I have been doing a lot of work with clear crystal resin.
These first pieces are actually test pieces I made in wax glass with pieces of the rusty metal set inside.
It’s not as clear or as pretty as crystal resin and it’s not very strong but it still worked very well and was great to photograph.This was a great way to do test pieces because it is so much faster! Crystal resin “can take up to 7 days to cure”.
These are the first pieces I made with the crystal resin. I am really pleased with them and I have made them into brooches and pendants. This encouraged me to make more…
…And that’s where my problems began.
My first mistake was buying Sili-put, (Silicone putty) to make moulds so my resin pieces could be in more interesting shapes.
(If you ever want to make a mould out of silicone putty, trust me on this, buy Gedeo Siligum NOT Sili-put! It is just nowhere near as good!)
My second mistake was believing my lecturer when she told me that the crystal resin would take up to 7 days to cure.
I am still waiting for these to set properly and they were supposed to be ready for the photo shoot of my jewellery yesterday! Ah well, some things are just unpredictable!